Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another rest morning then overnight train

I write this in the morning as we will be checking out of the hotel at 12, then doing some nearby sightseeing, then taking the overnight train to Beijing. Jade is still a bit off-colour. She had a blood nose during the night and complained of being hot. When I went in her room it was quite hot and stuffy as the kids had set the thermostat to about 28 degrees C. I don't think Jade had a temperature as she cooled down once I turned the heat off. I gave her chewable Panadol (paracetamol) at breakfast and got her to eat something more substantial than watermelon. She hardly ate anything yesterday because she felt ill in her tummy.

No such worries with Jarrah as he eats stacks of French toast plus bacon plus other things at breakfast. Over the past 4 days he has had 22 slices of French toast--today was his single day record at 7 slices! We are all going to have a change of pace from the provided breakfasts in Beijing as we'll be staying in a hostel.

I didn't have a good start to the night last night. I had taken Panadol earlier in the evening for my legs and used Deep Heat on them just before bed. Despite this the sore muscle pain became extreme and I couldn't get to sleep. I had to get up about 11:30 and take two Panadeine. I feel much much better this morning and am waiting for my turn to shower. The kids are having bubble baths right now--our morning routine before taking the overnight train. All being well the plan for the afternoon is to visit the Bell and Drum Towers which are right near our hotel. I hope we can successfully book a taxi to take us to the station tonight. None of them in Chengdu were willing to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment